Thursday, August 14, 2008

Someone, please write a book based on one of these...

This site, which records actual conversations between workers and customers, is addicting. Also the reason I've not done any revisions today yet (that, and mowing the lawn). I would seriously love it if someone could include a situation like the ones listed in this website into a story. Only problem is: most of these prove the old adage that truth is stranger than fiction. Here's an example:

(I was ringing up a old lady when another old lady in my line recognized the first lady.)

Old Lady #1: “Oh hey! I didn’t see you there!”

Old Lady #2: “That’s okay… I didn’t recognize you with clothes on!”

Me: “What?!”


Also, I trolled around and found this blog, which comments on a recent article that found, aparently, the people who read fiction are, well, better that people who don't. This reviewer's comments were rich:
Toll through them [your friends] in your mind. I bet you a beer that the ones you like best are the ones who read for fun.

3 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

interesting! I'd even stretch it to say the ones who READ are the ones you like the most.
And of course the ones who BLOG are the best of all!

:)

christine M said...

That site with the customer conversations is hysterical.

Unknown said...

It is true, though, PJ. THinking back to my high school friends...I'm still really close to the two who read constantly (and still do), but I've quit talking with the two who didn't read (preferring TV). It really does make a difference! I wonder, is the difference already there, or is it developed? I mean, do I like my friends more because they read, or is it because they read that I like them more?

And Christine, I'm STILL reading that site! I'm up to like page 36 I think! It's just so hilarious!